Postdoctoral Nursing and Midwifery Colloquium
NIHR Nursing & Midwifery in collaboration with the NIHR Nursing & Midwifery Incubator
- Postdoctoral nurse/midwife clinical academics who are working in health or social care in England
- Postdoctoral nurse/midwives currently working clinically/managerially within health and social care and who may not be currently leading research
- NHS Managers who have a post-doctoral nurse or midwife in their team. Where possible we ask attendees to register with their NHS manager.
- Maximum of one nurse, one midwife and one manager from each NHS Trust
- The post-doctoral nurse or midwife should be clinically research active or interested to develop their research career.
Place: The Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh, 85-89 Colmore Row, Birmingham B3 2BB
Attendance: Face to face, free of cost to attend but travel and accommodation costs excluded.
| Draft Programme
|09:45||Registration and coffee/tea|
|10:10||Welcome and introduction to the day|
|10:15||Opening address||Professor Mark Radford, Chief Nurse HEE|
|10:40||Next steps in developing post-doctoral research relevant to practice||What is post-doctoral clinical practice?
How to become a PI
Building and leading a research team
|11:00||NIHR Nursing and Midwifery Incubator||Who are we and what do we do?|
|11:15||Coffee and networking|
|11:45||Workshop||Group discussion with facilitator
– Getting started in the postdoctoral phase
– Balancing research alongside a health or care role
– Developing and sustaining innovative research/clinical roles
|13:00||Lunch and networking|
Group options (40 mins sessions)
1400: Session A
1445: Session B
|Choose from 2 of the following options:|
|1. Applying for a personal research or leadership award|
|2. Applying for a research grant|
|3. The NIHR Senior Investigator and Research Professor programme|
|4. Managers session: making the most of having a post-doc nurses or midwife in your team|
|15:30||Tea, coffee and informal discussion||Opportunity for further Q&A and open discussion|